View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 07:53 AM   #153
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Posted selfishly as one of my favorite photos of the lakes region for a variety of reasons. If you know this photo you can't help but think how lucky we are to essentially have our own private fresh water ocean up here in New Hampshire. A real life view from here shows just how spectacular the lake really is. On a clear day you can just about see down to Alton Bay and really get to see just how big the big lake is? One of my favorites in real life when I travel this way. A somewhat diminished view nowadays by the growth of tall trees but still a spectacular view. The photo is from 1949 (I think). but still remember this from when I was young kid.

At the bottom of the hill you can just make out Loch Haven Inn & Cottages, (now Grouse Point) follow link below for more and better photos.

http://www.weirsbeach.com/newmedia/10views/view4.html

I know exactly where this is and yes all the view from the traffic circle at 106 and three and to this spot is disappearing over the years from the tree growth. This was always for the past 20 years my favorite view and it is now almost gone. As well as the pull offs around the lake, the scenice views are no longer scenic because they are no longer there from the overgrowth and vegetation