View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #60
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I keep going back to "Americans have a short memory." Many have already forgotten The Great Recession and how much that crippled huge swaths of people, so, barring any crazy Covid mutations, I'm thinking if vaccines continue to exponentially increase, we'll be back to normal by summer or next fall.

Sure, there may be some holdovers—some might be good, like personal masks for people who are sick and increased hygiene—but I'm thinking the shift won't be nearly as seismic as some have predicted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

A couple of thoughts:

As I'm sure Wily would point out, we don't need seismic shifts in people to have large shifts in real estate values--it's the last few percent that make a real estate project profitable or that send prices skyrocketing.

Also, keep in mind that you're in a profession that benefits greatly from in person attendance. A seismic (haha) number of people are happier working from home than in their offices. The strongest members of this group will insist on more time working from home, less in the office, and this will ripple through for all. Pretty sure that Facebook and Google, two companies with very powerful workforces, have already acknowledged this
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote