View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #26
Pineedles

Default Fire

It is very convenient for property owners in NH that residents can still burn brush, with or without a permit. But the day will come where you won't be able to burn brush, I am very sure this day will come. It's not allowed in CT; and if NH wants to be a good New England State partner, it will disallow this freedom soon. I don't want a brush fire to burn any acreage in NH or CT for that matter, but I don't see how a permit will prevent that. It will however assign responsibility to the permit holder's fire if it does get out of control.

Its funny, conservatives like me talk about taking responsibility for your own actions, and yet liberals want to assign responsibility by monitoring the permit holders with aerial surveillance. The liberals say that conservatives want to take away your constitutional rights to privacy, and yet the liberal bureaucrats want to regulate you into submission by having you pay for permits to build a bloody camp fire, and want to pay for a plane, with your money, to watch you while you toast marshmallows.

They are watching you! Don't burn those marshmallows, it creates carbon offsets that you can't afford to pay for!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote