Thread: Payback Time
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #52
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
What Theory? I don't know why accident rates are dropping in other states. I said so very plainly.

I do know that we are going in the wrong direction, while other states seem to be going in the right direction. That tells me something must be done. A speed limit is something we can try quickly and cheaply.

It seems like the opposition wants to try NOTHING! They talk about increased enforcement and improved boater education. However it's just talk, no legislation is being written. No funding is being found.

And that's the big problem with those ideas. They cost a lot of money, and there isn't any. And there isn't going to be any, anytime soon.

So you tell me. How do we turn around the trend? Because your "NO LIMITS" policy is not getting the job done.
Great way to legislate BI, throw enough excrement against the wall and see what sticks? Hey what the heck lets give it a try.

Seriously

As a society I really thought we had advanced beyond the ole hey we have a problem lets use no scientific evidence and treat a bullet wound with chewing gum approach cuz its cheap and easy method. Guess I was wrong?