Thread: Payback Time
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #51
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
You keep dodging the question regarding speed limits in those other states where accident rates drop. Did those lakes institute better enforcement policies or what? They don't have speed limits as far as I've seen. Kinda shoots very large holes in your theory BI.
What Theory? I don't know why accident rates are dropping in other states. I said so very plainly.

I do know that we are going in the wrong direction, while other states seem to be going in the right direction. That tells me something must be done. A speed limit is something we can try quickly and cheaply.

It seems like the opposition wants to try NOTHING! They talk about increased enforcement and improved boater education. However it's just talk, no legislation is being written. No funding is being found.

And that's the big problem with those ideas. They cost a lot of money, and there isn't any. And there isn't going to be any, anytime soon.

So you tell me. How do we turn around the trend? Because your "NO LIMITS" policy is not getting the job done.