Thread: Condo Fees
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #13
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Unless you get into details it is hard to compare condo fees. I have enjoyed condo living for my primary residence for over 10 years now. And I love it because I don't have to worry about so many things that owning a house would entail. So I am able to go to the lake more often, with out the fear that I am falling behind with yard work etc.

Some condo fees include things like Trash removal, cable and internet access, exercise rooms, pools etc. While others do not or only offer a subset of these features or none at all.

I currently own two condo's... The fees differ by around $150 per month. Both places have pools, tennis courts, basketball courts and handle trash and recycling... The more expensive place includes in the fee in addition to those things, a exercise room, basic cable and internet, Full time on-site maintenance and property management, a club house, volleyball and horseshoe pits, and even a garden area where you can rent a plot for the season.

If you look at a couple of the high priced fees mentioned here, you have to view the perspective:

Jonathans Landing $775pm -- has a beautiful Marina and beach area and lots of water front

Lands End $1050pm -- also has a nice Marina area w/ beach and considerable water front.

What is the docking and beach facilities worth... for a smaller tax bill because you only own a small portion of them.

Condo's aren't for everyone, and if I didn't have the property on the water in NH, I probably wouldn't own a condo. But because I do, it allows me to spend more time there....