View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #87
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
As frustrating as I am when I read his posts, it’s really best not to encourage Major to respond. He has already made it very clear that he would sacrifice his own parents for the good of the economy.
Just noticed this. If you have taken the time to read any of my posts, you would know that I revere my parents and have nothing but the utmost respect and love for them. What you said isn't true. I wouldn't "sacrifice" anyone. However, . . .

I've been consistent, if you are old or are otherwise compromised, the onus is on you to make sure you do not contract the virus, not everyone else. My mom has COPD, so whether she contracts the Chinese coronavirus or a flu virus, the consequences could be terrible. My dad is a cancer survivor, so he faces similar issues.

Both of my parents would agree that shutting down the economy to deal with essentially a bad flu season is asinine. It should be an individual responsibility to take care of oneself.

I have to ask myself, why are you frustrated with my posts? What about them frustrates you? I am not frustrated by yours or anyone else's posts. I enjoy the debate. You have to come to the realization that there is a huge population out there who do not share your world views on things. Most are silent, but believe me they exist. What is it about the Chinese coronavirus that there could have been another (and perhaps better) way to deal with it? We allow other crises to exist, e.g., the opioid epidemic, and do NOTHING. As sad as it is to read about someone dying from the Chinese coronavirus, it is CRUSHING to read yet another obituary about a 20- something who died.

I don't mind the criticizing and name calling as much as the calls for silencing. That's pretty scary to me.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: