View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #34
Dad sold the C * C

Default Year 3 update

It’s funny that this thread popped up, I was planning on updating it when I could get a picture of the “Fleet” this summer. As I and most of you knew we did acquire things that float

First, Top-water yes you are correct about the corrugated metal boat house, I was told most of that metal is used as an equipment shed in the area. Below is the boat that was stored there in the 60’s

The first year we rented multiple boats, 2 toons, Tri-toons and fiberglass ski boats. It really helped me make my mind up for what I wanted. I also found a “project” on Craig’s list (more on that later). One of our friends donated two very nice new sit-on-top kayaks; it only took giving them a “drawer” in the second bedroom

Year 2 and I finished my wooden kayak and unexpectedly bought a 23’ Premier Tri-toon mid-season. The Toon had the layout I wanted, the price was ok and was made much better by Winnisquam Marine when they took into consideration how many time I had rented from them for 5 years.

So for this upcoming year 4 I bought a trailer for my “project”, I still didn’t know if it would float and finally got it wet this past fall. It’s a 195? 12’ wooden runabout, I can not figure out the make, so any suggestion are welcome. The boat came with a 1954 15HP Evinrude that looks to be in good shape, but I’m having problems with the pressurized gas tank. I’m not sure what my plans are with this yet, as much as I’d like to keep the outboard vintage I would like the reliability of a newer motor.

Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote