View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #8
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Don't people get tired of bashing the "younger generation?!" As a high school teacher, I see these kids firsthand and, with few exceptions, they're great. Any issues people have with them--respect, manners, etc.--should be directed at their parents because the kids love to know stuff, and that includes how to act and what to appreciate.

I type this after taking a group of students to NYC a few weeks ago and teaching them why we don't wear hats in restaurants--most of their parents do--and the difference in dress between casual, business casual, and formal, etc. etc. which, clearly, their parents hadn't.

That being said, many of my students volunteer on town committees and event planning boards which include, of course, the Memorial Day events that took place yesterday in the town I teach in.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Hopefully you are correct for it seems that the group now in college will be called the "snowflake generation" as they need "safe spaces" to protect them from speech they do not like and everything is a micro aggression. This is of course the result of the helicopter parent and society in general who gets yelled at if they dare state an opinion that goes against the "feel good" crowd.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acrossamerica For This Useful Post: