View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default From this sites FAQ Overview. and my 2 cents

"The Winnipesaukee Forum is provided as a free service to anyone interested in the Lakes Region. It is not a free-for-all forum like many internet message boards. Although it is open to everyone and we encourage your participation, we insist that posts are relevant to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, and that members do not violate the rules & guidelines.
The stated goal, mission and purpose of the Winnipesaukee Forum is:

"To facilitate communication and an exchange of information which is productive and beneficial for those interested in Lake Winnipesaukee and the Lakes Region of New Hampshire."
To that end we watch carefully what is posted and we reserve the right to moderate, restrict, edit or delete messages for any reason. We will use our judgement to moderate these forums in the way we feel is most appropriate to facilitate our stated goal. By using these forums, you agree to abide by these conditions and accept our moderation decisions.

Our hope is that the Winnipesaukee Forum will provide a friendly and entertaining environment for the enjoyment of anyone interested in Lake Winnipesaukee. Please feel free to join in or just look around!"

Thank You Skip for your post. Frankly, I too find myself drifting away from this site. Too many times, I check in, and see more nasty debate, snarly comments, and just plain rude behavior. Mostly centered around the whole "Speed Limit" issue.

I understand the passion each side has... but... if this debate was being held at a house party the host would rightfully tell both sides to "Take it Outside". I don't see that anything can be gained by more discussion of the issue. Nothing makes me "click off" any thread faster than the "issue" sneaking back in.

“As citizens we have to be more thoughtful and more educated and more informed. I turn on the TV and I see these grown people screaming at each other, and I think, well, if we don't get our civility back, we're in trouble.”
Emmylou Harris

I can also quote John Lennon.... "Give Peace a Chance"