View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #9
Rich

I'm not sure of this brand is one that has the problem, but some of these products are VERY hot in the sun.

They get so hot you can't stand on the swim platform with bare feet without dowsing it with water from time to time.

I may have the brand wrong, so I hope I'm not mentioning this in the wrong thread.

I was considering this type of product as it looks great. Last year I used a carpet alternative that some venders call 'seagrass'. Here is a link:
http://www.marinecarpeting.com/marin...-flooring.html

This looks great on our boat, can be rinsed off easily, doesn't hold water like a sponge as carpet does. Oh did I mention it looks great! Downside is that it is more expensive than standard carpet.

I didn't do this on my swim platform, but it's in my whole cockpit. I had Shipshape marineworks install it for me, they did a great job! I used their 'better than teak' product to match the teak and holly used in otherplaces on my boat. There are many styles and colors available.

I'm happy to point this out as an alternative to carpet, and it may be an alternative to the seadek and other hard products. My guess is that the color could affect the temperature in the Sun as well as the marerial holding the heat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: