View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:07 AM   #28
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
FWIW my Burnham boiler with a Beckett burner has been going strong for 28 years. Had a Boderus installed in dads house and really like it. The techs rave about them also.
Burnham changed things up in the 90's, I was told they moved their casting operation or subcontracted it out of the country in the 90's. The castings would crack, the first time it was covered under warranty, although I had to pay about $500 for labor to switch it out. The second time it cracked I said forget it and switched brands.

For the OP, I had a power venter, I hated that thing, it was loud and not very reliable. I also disliked having the discharge low to the ground as the fumes always found a way into an open window in the summer. So I ditched the power venter and put a stainless chimney up the side of the house. The chimney was a thousand or two more than another power vent would have been, but has no reliability issues and I don't smell burning fuel oil when my boiler kicks in for my hot water storage tank. YMMV.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: