Thread: For shame!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #51
riverat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
RiverRat, I thought I was being helpful by providing these photos. I had my shack right next to these guys and know of all that they left behind. I picked up half the mess of bottles, cans, plastic sled and garbage that were not shown in the original photo. I chiseled out one of those spools for them because they had not been able or willing to get it out. What should we be careful of? If everyone just wants to complain but do nothing, then I'm sorry. If someone had bagged me doing something like that, I would be out there ASAP clearing my name. I sense you feel an allegiance with your fellow fisherman not wanting to be a rat. But if we don't police our own, the few bad apples will ruin it for the rest of us.
I assure you that I would have no allegiance with anybody that leaves a mess like that on the ice, all I was saying is the photos of before and after look to be of a different distance from shore and was concerned the wrong people would be blamed. We do need to police our own area and beyond, the Newfound lake crew do a fine job of policing their lake and parking areas and we should learn by example. Meredith bay has earned a reputation as being party central during the derby and on weekends and that's ok if that is what you want but, don't leave crap behind for someone else to pick up. Take out what you take in.