View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Thanks to all who have responded to my thread here !

I was also planning to have my furnace/oil dealer check out the issue.

Rest of house water from faucets coming out hot. but the washing machine
water start hot then goes to lukewarm within a minute or two.

That said, I still think the issues is related to the furnace, not being able to keep up with the demand.
Had the same problem. Mine turned out to be the burner controller, it was waiting far to long to kick the burner on. Initially I attempted to screw with the temp adjustments but it didn't do a damn bit of good. In fact right before I replaced it - the burner would fail to start so I'd have to manually reset the burner. Replaced the controller and all was good. Before I did that however I did check to ensure the temp controller was operating correctly. Simple to do with a multi-meter.

My furnace has a Beckett burner. New controller was about $70.00 at FB Webb. In fact before I bought it I talked to the guys down there just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They have some good knowledgeable folks working there. As it turns out the controller I had (brought in the part number with me) was known to be problematic and the new controller I got was updated one that supposedly addresses several problems. So far so good, in fact I've noticed that the false starts I had been getting pretty much since day one are no longer occurring. That should have been a clue there was a problem but at the time I figured since it was intermittent that it was normal behavior.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links