View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
I watched the race on TV (the only race I watch all year) just to see how NH was represented. Have to say I was shocked at the aerial views of grandstand just before the start of the race. By the looks of it, only approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the stands had people in their seats. Even later in the race, it looked barely half full.

Was the poor attendance due to the heat, decline in popularity of racing, cost of tickets or what. I am just curious.

And with such a low turnout, is NH in jeopardy of losing this race to another venue in another state?
I am a huge racing fan... But honestly NASCAR is in a decline, and where or if it will bottom out who knows.

All the Big Fan Favorites have retired, Yes you still have Jimmie, and Kyle, and that is why the stands are as full as they are. All the others have moved on.

With the Big Names like Earnhardt, and Gordon, now off the track many of the Fans that where on the ride just for them are now jumping ship. Why you ask? Because now one has come into fill there shoes.

The is no one with a Racing family Legacy, or a Young Hot shot that came in at a time when the sport needed a youth movement and faced off against the long time NASCAR families. (Think Petty, Jarrett, etc.)

What you have left are a bunch of finally polished, bread to be in the spotlight, young men with no Character. Yes they know what to say and how to say it, and even luck good doing it. But they don't say what is one their minds, and make sure everything they say is appropriate.

Soon as Kyle, Jimmy, and Harvick decided to head off into the sunset, I look for nascar to loose even more popularity. Popularity will come back when some drivers with Character and charisma some back to the sport.

But for those of us that just love racing, I don't mind.... without all the "band wagon" fans around races are much more enjoyable...
Sponsored Links