View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky's View Post
My wife and I purchased a new Tahoe approx. 2 years ago and noticed some front end issues. We have complained about this from the very first oil change till now. The vehicle has approx. 27k miles on it and guess what the front steer tires are worn SMOOTH. I asked the salesman if they would honor or simply step to the plate and replace the front tires because they wore prematurely and nothing...... we trade in our vehicles every three years and have bought several vehicles from Cantins but guess what "not anymore" the money isn’t the issue the fact that the front end has had an issue from the beginning and nothing has been done to fix the problem. Hopefully after we pick up the car today and after demanding this gets resolved immediately will be finally fixed. Sorry Cantins were done Good bye.
I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado and I had to replace the tires at 32,000. They come from the factory with Goodyear's which don't last very long. I put a set of Michelin's on it and have 65,000 miles now. The tires still look new.

My son has the same truck and his Goodyear's wore out at 30,000. He replaced them with Michelin's and now has 80,000 miles on the truck. They will need to be replaced in the fall.

30,000 is about all you're going to get out of those factory installed Goodyear tires.
They had issues with those Goodyear tires causing front end vibrations also.
When I was looking at new trucks I road tested one that was vibrating at 60 mph, brand new!
It could be that the tires were the issue all along.

Last edited by Biggd; 04-09-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote