View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #38
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Yes, question--especially pictures comparing different types of events in an attempt to prove a (false) point.

What's cool about this is that you did the same thing the media did last fall with pics of Sanders and Clinton rallies and the reports of debate 'winners' that contradicted actual polls.

I don't care what my students come to believe--not a single one of them knows what my personal beliefs are--but I care very much that they're educated enough to spot manipulative rhetoric before making their decisions.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
So was your picture from NH or not? Simple question, because the way you constructed your post it sure seemed like you were posting a picture from NH, truth matters.

Also the politician books the "type of event" to fit the expected turnout at said event. Hillary has been appearing other organisation's rallies for as a guest for most of her large turnouts, her events have been more like the one APS posted. Trump on the other hand has been attracting large crowds.

You call it manipulation, I see truth.

Oh, and I would much rather see you teach your students to ignore the rhetoric completely and go to the source, which is very easy to do now days. Trump's speeches are easily found via youtube in their entirety, as are Hilary's. And, like event attendance the differences are astounding and very unlike what is portrayed in the news.

Edit: Woodguy53 post where the picture is from, I hope you are more honest with your students.