Thread: Florida to NH
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 02:37 PM   #74
oldflounder

Default Time for license plate change

I hate to steal this thread, but...I don't know where else to post it.

Some of these postings are disturbing. As are the attitudes of many of us in NH over the past many years.

When I was a kid the plates said "Scenic", then I think it was "The Granite State", then Vietnam came along and the plates say "Live Free or Die". I think it is time to change the plates to say "Welcome to NH...Now Go Home." I have noticed a different mind-set over the past 20 years.

Since when do we have the right to tell others to stay away and trash-talk non-natives if we truly believe in an individuals freedom. I know that if I choose to be free and do what I want today, I could easily be dead in a month or less from the virus. But what does that license plate "Live Free or Die" mean to you? Does it only apply to the owner of it.

I have the freedom to choose to self quarantine. I have the freedom to follow the Governor's Executive Order. I have the freedom to decide to wear that mask or not. No one is going to put me in jail (YET). If I tell you to stay away from my state and that you aren't welcome here, I may as well throw that plate away. It no longer has any meaning.

I totally agree with the stay at home order, but for us to even contemplate closing our border to our own residents and visitors is not what NH is all about.

Stay Home...Stay Safe... but don't let this turn us into haters and vigilantes.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oldflounder For This Useful Post: