View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #78
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default As for me...

I was born in March and that summer started a string of going to the lake that was only interrupted by my four and a half years in Alaska and my year in Thailand while in in the Air Force. Started off at Lake Shore Park and ended up in Two Pines Trailer park in Glendale. Then in 1996, we moved to Alton Bay.

As a toddler, I couldn't pronounce Winnepesaukee, so I would ask if we were going "Up the Saukee". That phrase lasted and in the years following my parents would say "Don't make plans for the weekend, we are going up the Saukee.

In 1996, after we moved in with Mom here in Alton Bay, she remarked "that you don't have to "go Upthesaukee" anymore, you live here", and the User Name and Signature was born.

Additionally, when I am feeling creative and make greeting cards on the computer, I put a little logo on the back stating "Upthesaukee Creations".

Finally, when I got my first boat after moving here, it was called "Upthesaukee". After trading it in on a new boat, the new boat is called "Upthesaukee Too".