View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #33
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Rose, again I don't think he was implying we should become vigilantes and enforce common sense. These few individuals will continue whether there is a law(s) in place or not. Putting more regulations on the books will not solve that. They simply become repetative. If you see someone doing this you don't chase them down but we as the boating pubilc "if" you have the chance should bring it to their attention or make a call to the MP.

In a situation that you gave as an example, whether it be a speed limits law, the 150 ft law, this action would be considered reckless boating and that one law in itself would surfice. There is really no reason to add more, imposing more regulations on those of us who boat with commen sense and courteousy in the first place. Wouldn't you agree?
I'm not saying we need a law...I'm saying how do we as members of a society ensure that other members of society don't act in such a way that still other members of society push to have a law passed. If the behavior ain't there, there's nothing to restrict with a law. I know it's impossible to get the number down to zero, but can't we try to asymptotically approach zero?

Next question. Obviously, the reckless boating law isn't being enforced to the extent that there is no one in favor of that other law which is not to be named. What do we as members of the boating society have to do to ensure the reckless boating law is enforced? Push for licensing? Pay a yearly fee to use the lakes of NH (provided that the money goes to Marine Patrol)?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote