Thread: Osteria Poggio
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #52
Newbiesaukee

We went last night for the first time. Excellent experience. The place has always been lovely and this upscale restaurant does it justice. Upscale in terms of food quality, preparation and creative dishes. The prices were about what one would expect and competitive with the pricier restaurants in the Lakes area.

Moderately busy for a Thursday. Weekends will probably be quite busy..not a brilliant insight but I suspect slowish service should be expected.

The service was very good, knowledgeable about the dishes and enthusiastic about the restaurant. Mike, our server, helped make our experience a good one. Someone made the effort to train the staff.

We had the deviled egg appetizer. TK had squid ink ravioli with a rich creamy broth containing large scallops and a few other things. I enjoyed the lamb bolognese paperdelle pasta. The portions were filling but not huge and both were delicious. Appetizer was also excellent...not the usual deviled eggs.

We will definitely be back. I suggest a peek at the menu before going as this is not the typical red sauce southern Italian...not that there is anything wrong with that.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote