View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 06:31 AM   #45
ApS

Arrow Biennial Updates

Diver 1111, information on that propeller-driven iceboat would be very much appreciated. Merwin still has family in Wolfeboro and nearby environs, and I'm "hoovering" all I can for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Satterfield was the developers name in case you care.
Yes, the same entity that closed Wolfeboro Power, mentioned here: http://winnipesaukee.com/forums/show...ht=Satterfield

Of course, being a neighbor of Merwin, I should have very few photographs of Merwin Horn. Otherwise healthy, his legs had given out, so he spent his last years close by the Airpark's hanger—"hanging out" in the sun.

In this undated photo, Merwin (R) is discussing an engine feature to a Civil Air Patrol member. (Name and rank unknown). The Civil Air Patrol was active during and after WWII. Following its heydays, this region's CAP was intermittently active at the Wolfeboro Airpark from the 1950s to the Airpark's dissolution. Until the Airpark was sold, Merwin stored a dark blue school bus close to the workshop. The bus was painted in CAP colors and logo. I saw that same bus in Moultonborough perhaps eight years ago. Where the Civil Air Patrol has gone now is anybody's guess.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote