View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #18
Overlake97

Thumbs up After two visits...pretty good

Based on the reviews here in the Forum, I've visited the newly-owned Lee Wah Chen twice in the past month. First time was for a sit-down lunch special, which was very good (I think I had Szechuan Chicken, as I always get something spicy). Two days ago I ordered chicken Lo Mein for takeout, which was excellent. First, they crammed so much Lo Mein into that standard chinese take-out container that it was bursting to get out; and after I removed my entire first serving it still looked full. Next, the taste was really good: A solid savory quality without any excess sweetness or odd asian aftertaste. Finally, the chicken. There was a LOT of it, and it wasn't just those stringy strands that seem to be standard in most Lo Meins. These were actual pieces of chicken, most the size of a tablespoon! Imagine that, chicken in the chicken Lo Mein. Lee Wah Chen is about 15 min (each way) from my usual route, but it's worth it and I'll definitely be back soon.

(Oh, I did have one complaint: The placemat showing the animals of the Chinese Zodiac featured a year of the MOUSE. It's a RAT, not a mouse! There were a few other "animal substitutions," but the rodent switch was the only one I recall specifically)
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Overlake97 For This Useful Post: