Thread: Graveyard
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #43
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa minor View Post
As Dave mentions above, what's really "sexy" about this route is the red markers swapping sides of the boat between where Dave's course starts and the first waypoint. The first time I did that heading toward Melvin Village from Pistol I was blown away even as I saw it on the chart in front of me. Definitely not for the faint of heart or those not familiar with the area. I love putting around this area in the Whaler, I only recently got up the courage to go through here on plane and I live nearby!
The direct .75 mile route from FL59 to FL81 where the spar colors flip from black on right, to red on right, back to black on right while the boat maintains a constant 215 degree (true) heading (except for the last couple of hundred feet) is a perfect example of just how terrible the NH inland ATON system is. I bet there is not a person alive that could have a thorough briefing of the way our spar system works, and without ever seeing that part of lake beforehand, figure out the right path through there with a compass but no chart.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote