View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #64
XCR-700

BTY - and just for the record, our Caravelle Interceptor served us well with no noteworthy problems in 10 years.

Our family thoroughly enjoyed that boat and at the time that was the most expensive boat I had ever owned or could afford at that time. When we traded it in to Paugas Bay, it was still in perfect condition, not a broken thread or split in the seats, no significant fiberglass cracks, no electrical or mechanical problems. I feel certain the next owner will also get a good service life out of what is just a mid-level brand, but of decent quality.

Now to be honest it was not at all in the same class of fit and finish and overall quality as our Formula, but I could buy 2 Caravelles for the same cost as the Formula and still have money left over.

I can say the exact same thing for my Glastron CVX, I love that boat so much I still have it wrapped up in the yard for restoration when I retire,,, Clearly thats not even comparable to an R5 or a Formula, but it does tell you you dont have to spend a fortune to get a decent boat and have fun, you just need to be an educated consumer and get the best value for the price range you are shopping in.

I have no idea how the R5 stacks up against the 270 BR in cost, so that may or may not be a factor, if not, let me say again, like our Caravelle 10 years earlier, we could not be more happy with our Formula today. For us its an over the top luxury item, but we have ZERO buyers remorse. It has exceeded our expectations in every way.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote