View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #58
Yankee

[QUOTE=Mink Islander;170238]
Quote:
You DO need a lesson. You can vote in NH because you are a U.S. Citizen (like I suspect everyone is on this forum) AND because you are a RESIDENT of the state and of a specific town within the state too. It's your residency that makes the difference not your citizenry. Duh.
There are full time residents of this state, Mass etc...who do not have the right to vote, or run for public office. Ask anyone who carries a "Permanent Resident Card" and qualifies as a permanent resident. Stop with the semantics already.
Quote:
And your resounding (and I mean bolded, caps and big font) "well said" support of Topwater's post that says this site should be for residents only isn't suggesting that you agree with that? Really? Well said. Two words. Seems to imply agreement with the speaker/writer. Call me crazy as Michelle Bachman, but it seems to me it was full throated "I'm with you Bro!!" support for his entire rant, er, i mean post.
You DO need to read past the capitalized large font. Perhaps you chose to pick out parts of my post as it fits your purposes. Regardless, I did expound upon where I agreed with Topwater in the next the sentence of my post which you conveniently ignore. If I was not clear, my apologies.

I too can do the same thing to you by referring to what you posted:
Quote:
You can vote in NH because you are a U.S. Citizen
Really? Well said. Nine words, two abreviations. Call me crazy...(not going to insult a US Congresswoman, sorry). Seems to me to imply every US citizen can vote here in NH. So every US citizen can vote in NH. I did not know that.

I will ignore the "bro" comment...but not forget it. The Don should take note.

And I am out of this devolved discussion.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)