View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 04:51 PM   #31
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Anyone know how long it takes to rebuild something like this?

Also, it's great to see local businesses contributing to that GoFundMe.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
As I have recently been involved in fire incident at a property I own part of... the process and time table for a rebuild is anything but certain. Once the building is turned over to the insurance company, they will do an investigation if they start to find evidence that there is a culprit that could have led to the fire, they will keep the property locked, until a determination can be made, and any additional investigation take place. This could take anywhere form a week to several months.

Step two in the process, is getting a building and site plan ready to go, this includes understand what upgrades will be need to bring a new or rebuilt structure to current codes. Then then it all goes to the insurance company who will debate what coverage the building owner actually have, and there will be again some back and forth to get to a final settlement. Agian this could take a week or several months....

Then of course bid for the work have to be put out and some company has to b id successfully, and be available for the job...

While some of this work can be going on in Parallel, it is not as fast as one might think, especially if the insurance company finds a cause that the can subrogate against to recover some of the loss.... I would be very surprised if something got completed this year..... But hopefully by summer 2024.....