View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #35
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw8surf View Post
100% agree most rentals I have gotten from Chevy are awful. But I'm also not a Chevy guy. I lemon lawed a Tahoe back in 1999 and took a huge hit on depreciation on a Trailblazer after the Tahoe so after that I swore I'd never buy another Chevy again.

But I find this hard to believe... From a cost standpoint why would a company want to manage various lines of inventory and supply chain to make a vehicle simply to sell for car rentals? This exact reason is why car companies aren't select any options and any color and any anything you want and we will build it for you. Isn't it all about mass production and keeping everything uniform?
It's kind of like buying a Makita impact driver from a tool supply company and buying what you think is the same tool from Home Depot. They look the same but the one at HD is made with cheaper materials just for HD at a discounted price. A lot of companies do that now.
We were just discussing this in the Pella window thread. The Pella windows you buy at Lowes aren't the same Pella windows you are going to get from the Pella store.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote