View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #39
twoplustwo

Default underwhelmed

My husband, my youngest and I stopped in on our way home from Exeter yesterday evening, based on the rave reviews from you folks. My husband liked his fish and chips, and I agree the portions are rather large. I wasn't too impressed with my food, however. I had a lobster roll, and fully admit to having tried a lobster roll at most every place I visit. Maybe I'm just picky, but I need the yin and yan of warm and cold in my lobster roll. While my roll was perfectly toasted, it was pretty fat as hot dog rolls go, too much roll for me. The kicker was my perfectly toasted and still warm roll was filled with lukewarm lobster. Lukewarm lobster makes my stomach turn, but I kept telling myself it was a new batch and hadn't had a chance to chill yet. I had a side of fried mushrooms which was an enormous portion, but needs something better than bland ranch dressing for dipping. If they threw some of the horseradish you folks are talking about into the ranch dressing, it would've been a much better accompaniment. Fried shrooms are all about the dipping sauce.

The wait for inside tables was more than we were willing to handle since we had to make our way home to Moultonborough, but it was a lovely, cool evening so we opted to eat outside at the picnic tables. It was very hard to find a table that didn't need a good cleaning, and the flies were digging the ice cream messes on the tables. It wasn't a horrible experience, but I'm not in a rush to return, honestly.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote