View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #18
Bob M

Default Has Anyone Else Noticed

This story goes back close to 30 years. My secretary at the time, and her husband, had a place Morrison Cove. We owned one of the boat slips at Channel Marine. One Monday she came in and casually mentioned that the lake had gone down a foot. I thought that a little strange as everything seemed about the same over on my side of the lake. The next two Mondays she again mentioned that the lake had gone down another foot. That was three feet in a period of just over two weeks. They were planning on taking their boat out the following weekend because the water was so low. Being wise beyond my years I knew not to argue with my secretary. Everything still seemed fairly normal on my side of the lake and I always checked the depth chart by the bridge when I went out through the channel. The Mount was still making her runs so I assumed that I would still be okay out on the lake with my boat.

Then the lightbulb in my head finally turned on. I realized that she was telling the truth. The lake had actually gone down three feet in the past couple of weeks. She was measuring the exposed sand on her beach on Morrison Cove which had one of the most gradual slopes that I had ever seen. Three more feet of exposed sand in her mind translated to the lake going down three more feet. The lake itself, depth wise, had probably gone down an inch or two at most.
Bob M is offline   Reply With Quote