View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
baastan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Excellent question (and example)....

According to RSA 215-C:8, Section III, you must yield TO ALL motor vehicle traffic when crossing a road at a recognized crossing. I have attached the pertinent information below:

X. A person may operate a snowmobile across any public way where the operation of said snowmobile is not otherwise prohibited by law, but said person shall comply with the following provisions:
(a) The crossing shall be made at an angle of approximately 90 degrees to the direction of the public way and at a place where no obstruction prevents a quick and safe crossing;
(b) The operator shall bring the snowmobile to a complete stop before crossing the shoulder or, if none, the public way, before proceeding;
(c) The operator shall yield the right of way to all motor vehicle traffic on such public way which constitutes an immediate hazard to such crossing; and
(d) The operator shall possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license or shall have successfully completed the approved snowmobile or OHRV safety training course.
For the record I fell in line with all of these, and yielded to both east and west traffic. I would argue solar glare and speed factored in, in his inability to see me and slow down or stop. Having been a former police office and now insurance agent, any reconstruction team would tell you that if you see no skid marks or signs of slowing, chances are they were distracted.
baastan is offline   Reply With Quote