View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 12:46 PM   #46
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Sure, in a criminal case the state is the plaintiff, and they did their job by enforcing the law. But that one's obvious. What I was getting at is that sadly, despite our lofty ideals, there are two classes of people in our society. One of them is able to harness the legal system to their advantage, the other gets run over.

When was the last time you heard of someone getting thrown in jail for threats?
Unfortunately we don't have enough details to fully understand what has transpired here.

What I do know is that most judges aren't going to put someone in jail, without a solid reason.

I also know that he tension between Mr. Owen, and Camp Belknap has been escalating, since the Owen family took ownership of the Island. Somewhere along the way I am sure laws have been broken, and now a price is being paid, because there was sufficient evidence for the state to step in and file criminal charges.... It is very possible the Camp Belknap has had to deal with the state as well, just not at the same criminal level... we simply just don't know...

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 11-22-2022 at 03:47 PM.