View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 11:35 PM   #64
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Weird how you go into a diatribe every time someone mentions EVs. And doubly funny that you think any of us would take you for an environmentalist...

I simply opined that an accomplished competitive driver would love to take a spin in a Tesla--just for fun
Interesting you would think it weird as I have been very clear that I believe current technology battery cars are a public safety hazard. Lithium is a horrible material to mine, Lithium batteries explode, Lithium batteries release toxic fumes when they are on fire, Lithium batteries are hazardous material, Lithium batteries will be a huge source of future pollution if people keep buying the current models of electric cars.

As far as your opining; why do you think I was responding to you at all when I clearly replied to the post by APS and specifically used the quote function to indicate that. If anything is weird it could your paranoia that I am replying to you in that post. But worry not, in truth I was mostly just venting about how the media and the people selling these cars are so untruthful, or provide incomplete information.

If you doubt what I say about Lithium battery powered cars, ask any firefighter about their protocols for dealing with electric car accidents and fires. If you think these cars might be a good option for you, go price replacement batteries for any 6 or 8 year electric old car. And if you are shopping for a new electric car, ask the dealer to provide you an assurance that when the battery is dead and you cant sell the car that they will take it back at no and dispose of it for you at no cost,,, NOT happening! And this is still the tip of the iceberg on electric car pitfalls.

Oh and make no mistake, I am no environmentalist in the way you probably use the term, I 100% believe the planet is here for us to use! But use, not abuse, there is a big difference. I care little about the fact that we have no Timber Rattlesnakes in Massachusetts and have eradicated them from our environment, but that is very different than saying that we should be flattening mountains to mine for Lithium.

And while petroleum (read gasoline) is a really effective product to propel our cars down the road for many reasons, from another perspective its a total waste to just burn it to move a car when it serves a much better purpose to make goods and chemicals, and medications. Especially when we already know our ICE engines in our cars and boats can be converted to run on Hydrogen right now. But thats another post that will fill its own thread if we start down that path, and we are way off topic here,,,

So to get us back on track, I say Good Evening! And by this time of night I hope most of you are enjoying darkened shoreline(s) and sleep well with no flood lights beaming through your windows.

ATB