View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 05:41 PM   #28
XCR-700

Sorry, , I think you lights out guys are bonkers, sitting in front of the Weirs or Wolfeboro or driving past all the homes on the shore of Winnipesaukee with their lights glistening is one of the magical aspects of night boating AND staying on Winnipesaukee. Its like our Disney World!

When we stay at the lake for a couple of nights, we will often just sit in the boat at the dock or maybe hit like the Margate bar or pier at Weirs and just look at all the lights on the shore across the limits of our vision. it like a free gift that leaves you feeling happy.

I sure hope you guys aren't anti-Christmas/decorative lights too,,,

I keep decorative lights on my property all year long, and change them periodically based on the closest holiday or other significant date. Since well before Memorial day we have had a red white and blue theme going with a 20+ foot light tree hung in the front yard, lights on the house, and laser dots projected on the house. Getting ready to change over to the Halloween lights this weekend, with lots of purple and orange including lighting both sides of the walkway and then strobe effects in the dormers of the attic, etc. For Halloween I run a fog machine and run it hard! I think this year I may try to use a projector to display the original Frankenstein movie onto the fog. For Thanksgiving I tone it back a bit, and I take out the purples and leave the orange. and then for Christmas we bring back the multi color dot projectors and deploy as many old school C-9s as I can run without burning the house down or blowing out circuit breakers. The process go on for Valentines day with a pink theme and for St Pattys day with the wearin of the green! And that gets us back to the red white and blue for memorial day again.

At Christmas when there is snow on the ground, there is an aura or glow around the house that you see as soon as you turn down our street.

Light is energy, its uplifting, its fun! And at Winnipesaukee at night the lights are such a wonderful enhancement to the Winnipesaukee experience. Much like going to Disney at night, its SPECTACULAR! We LOVE it.
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: