View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 07:21 AM   #18
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
The swastika (both left and right facing) has been used in numerous cultures around the planet well before WWII and is still in use by numerous cultures today while not being associated with WWII.

Western countries and many Euro countries associate the swastika with Hitler however it is those areas who have perpetuated the negativity around the symbol.

Years ago I was on a business trip to S Korea and learned a whole lot about what the swastika actually means. It was heavily used at the temples we visited and was seen in many places during my visit....in jewelery, buildings, tapestry, etc

Since that one trip to S Korea, and subsequent education on the topic, I developed a new respect for what that symbol means and it goes far beyond what some useless bag of crap used it for during his time in the 30's and 40's.
It absolutely means more than what Hitler used it for, but—at least in America—none of that matters. If you brandish a swastika in America in 2022, you're making a statement.

And, depending on what polls you read, the majority of America believes the same about the Confederate flag.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: