View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 05:28 PM   #10
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
So, before the pandemic got started in March 2020, I used to hit the Meredith McDonald's a few times every week. It is an older style building design, built in 1987 and much much nicer inside than the more recent McDonald's box style 2010's style building design, which is totally terror-bobble. This here Meredith McDonald's has had exactly ONE manager, John, since it opened in 1987.

Recently stopped back in, first time-long time for breakfast, got a big breakfast without pancakes and a coffee, no other beverage, and it cost like $7.50 for the plastic plate with eggs, a hash brown, a muffin and a flat sausage.

Am I missing something here? This is very very expensive for what it used to cost, about $4.50 before the pandemic started in March, 2020 and is now $7.50?

And another thing, the dollar menu with the one dollar hamburgs and one dollar fries and freebie cup of water has disappeared too, and now costs about $4.50.

Gimme a break here, Meredith McDonald's ..... so, where did the old Meredith McDonald's go? Apparently, it has left town due to the pandemic or something and will probably never return. Is like McDonald's is no longer McDonald's and has become McXpensive's! ...
Covid-19 started in 2019. McDonald's changes the dollar menu a lot to deal with shortages... that is why I could not get a salad in 2019 and had to go to the $1 hamburger (I skipped the fries... too much salt and empty carbs).

The style is derived by the owners based on the plan for Meredith to exude a camp atmosphere.
John Mercier is online now   Reply With Quote