View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #22
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
With all this talk about bumpers, not knowing the OP situation, I wanted to throw out there that Whips are also a wonderful product, for keeping boats off the dock.

Now of course if your slip is in a marina then this probably isn't an option. But if it is a private dock I honest suggest to people to seriously consider the option, especially if you happen to be in a high traffic, or prone to weather area.

I absolutely love my mooring whips... I used to have a U shaped dock, to help keep the boat safe... but it was a lot of work to put in and out... Now I have a single pier, that goes in quickly... I and many friends have used whips with boats of all sizes, including jet skis.....

While the mooring whips are expensive when compared to bumpers, if you have a permanent situation, think of it as an investment... They will keep your boat safe for years... I have a neighbor that has had whips for now almost 30 years... He did have to replace on of the two whips after a knuckle head move... but one of the original whips is still going strong.... Myself my whips now are 10 seasons young......if I look at the 400$ cost that is 40$ a season...

My only suggestion if you go for whips, is to think forward, to that time when you might want a bigger boat... and size the whips with this in mind.... My situation, was that I could have spent less, but my current boat was at the limit of the smaller whips size... So yes I have an overkill situation, but when I decide I want a larger boat, I am all set.
Jason, this would look awesome at your place!! I have never seen one with twins- looks like a great boat for the lake!
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...?do=ad&id=8792
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote