View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #191
MarkinNH

Let me re quote you Exact comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Does anyone own a Glock? Great gun....no safety.
You clearly stated that a Glock has no safety ! I believe I have proved otherwise.

I also believe that if you read how the multiple internal safety's of a Glock work you will see that you Do indeed turn them off / on through the squeezing and releasing of the trigger. It may not be in the form of the traditional external button or lever but you certainly turn the safety"s Off and On.

Quote:
Do you really believe that he was convicted beyond all reasonable doubt
ABSOLUTELY !! Where are the witness's or the evidence to back up the Crazy Lady's "say so" ? There doesn't seem to be any proof to back up the Lady's claim. The local police did what they had to at the time, due to the womans claim then that joke of a county attorney bought the Lady's whole cock and bull story and chose to pursue this case when it clearly should have been drooped. This whole mess literally screams of reasonable doubt !

Quote:
Cleary some of you know nothing about guns
With over 40 years of owning, collecting, reloading, target practicing, skeet and trap shooting, hunting etc. I believe I can comfortably hold my own in most conversations.

Quote:
The argument is not if Bird should or should not be in jail
It most certainly is ! It is merely one of the aspects of this whole mess. The judicial system very clearly failed it's duty's in this particular case. Unfortunately it happens. The county attorney bought the Lady's song and dance and turned right around with prejudice and sold it to the jury.
You are correct about the argument over the mandatory sentencing. In this particular case the mandatory sentence does not fit the supposed crime. This is why so many people are now pushing to change this particular law.
I believe that we will just have to agree to disagree on this matter.