Thread: NH Taxes
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #71
tis

Thanked 1,376 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushaggerb View Post
I'm pretty sure there are some good people with laudable ideas and ideals that go into politics. Only to be crusehd under the sheer weight of the bureaucracy. I couldn't imagine running a business where there's a line drawn in the sand every time so that if you say "yes", I say "no". Stalemate (checkmate really).

They also have no relationships to work off of. I read something few years back. Used to be that somewhere north of 90% of Congress lived in D.C. for some period of time. They visited each others homes, saw each other at gatherings, created relationships, even friendships. Their political interaction was changed by the personal relationships they had. Now, as I remember, the number living in D.C. is under 5%. Low likelihood of ever cooperating.

Even if a spending initiative was good for us, likely 1/2 would say "no" because the other half said "yes." Takes nay saying to another level.
I agree. It's the political SWAMP and there is a guy that is trying to fight it and see what a tough time he is having.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post: