Thread: WolfeCam
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 03:50 PM   #12
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
...When ice covers the camera housing's window I always get requests to clean it off. When I explain that it would involve a 5 hour round trip and a treacherous climb to an icy 3rd story roof of a closed building they sometimes still don't give up and suggest that I have one of my staff (that's a good one) do it.

And of course I've received many requests to put a windshield wiper and defroster on the camera. I bet some of this stuff helped push wolfeboro.com over the edge.
I hate to admit it, but I'm not surprised by any of this. Sad on one level, hilarious on another. My brother will often call me and tell me when there's a particularly cool distorted view -- whether it's water, ice, bugs, whatever, and I'll save the image. I have a whole collection of them dating back four or five years. I also try to catch the first visible snow each year...but usually miss it. And then there's the first visible bobhouse, first Mount sighting, first snowmobile tracks, etc. Weirscam has been my homepage for years -- can't imagine not getting my virtual "Lake fix"... Many thanks!!!
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote