View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #17
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Just turned age-69 and the only vehicle I need or want to drive, and need it very very much, is my 2013 beat-up Scion xB with 208k miles, still runn'n the 'riginal four spark plugs.

Irwin Hyundai in Laconia would only give me a $300 trade-in value towards a used Kia Soul for about $7000, plus $700-dealer prep, and this Scion is still a good, 70-mph local hgwy driver, which is all I do, and has excellent car safety rating so maybe it will go to 300k miles ..... time will tell .... plus it's a 5-speed stick ..... not easy to find, today.

Whether I drive a big tanker truck haul'n 9200-gallons of gasoline or just a small compact car, it requires a NH driver's license ..... and no driv'n trucks for me.

I suppose I can email my older sister down in Mass and ask her to phone the NH-DMV to get me a license appointment for either Twin Mt or Concord ...... which is what I'll do.

Maybe the Walmart in Littleton NH on RT-93 has a $19.88 Tracfone flip-phone?
Since you have on line access, I would suggest you use your access to order yourself a new flip-phone. You should likely have it within a week or so.

Now, if you don't have a credit or debit card then that is another issue in it of itself (and you won't be able to order on-line).