View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #15
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Great news here ..... took a nice long walk of 2.5-miles along the upper Mad River in the nearby WMNF to chill out and get a more relaxed grip on my frigg'n driver license problem, here.

Before leaving for the long walk, I emailed both my sister and an old girlfriend from Duxbury, Mass with all the info to get me out of my NH license problem.

Back from the deep, dark forest river trail and lo & behold, a very nice email from my Duxbury-X informs me:

Hi Walter!

You have the first appointment available between the two locations you have suggested.

Their first appointment is in Concord, 29th October, 2020 at 8:50 AM ...
Be there 10 minutes early at least.

The appointment was made by Marilee.

I was 85th in line to get to a customer service person ..... it only took an hour!!

I'm happy to help you... you've done a lot for me too.

Christine

Seriously, I will make a copy of this email so I will have something to show a police officer in case I get stopped between now and Thursday, Oct 29 which is exactly 14-days away.

"But Officer, please take a minute here to consider my situation, plus I have an excellent driver safety record going back for many years."

Back in the 1970's there was a funny line that got told by NE Telephone home phone installers that went ....... you know there are three ways to send a message ...... you can telephone ..... you can telegraph ...... or, you can tell-a-woman!

So, how's about that! .... .... and thank-you very much to pondguy for the info on Hannaford!
I don't know I find it comical that you are a victim of your own cheapness.