View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #61
NoRegrets

Default Peaceful Recreation ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
And again...blah, blah, blah..so let's turn this into a class warfare issue. As if the GFBL boats don't cost a small fortune (though I hear the used ones are now a bit cheaper), not to mention the GFBL's that we see parked in front of lakefront homes. As mentioned earlier, people come here for peaceful recreation, and the owners of the lake, including non waterfront owners, swimmers, kayakers, sailors, people who live near the lake who don't don't enjoy all the benefits of lakeside living but still have to endure the noise all have a stake here. Sorry, but speed limits are here to stay.
This is a public body of water owned by all. The definition of PEACEFUL RECREATION is as subjective as anything you try to imagine. Get a book from the library, sit in a sound proof room to block all undesired sounds, and declare it PEACEFUL RECREATION. I have never gone by a marketing slogan stating "Come to Winnipesaukee for PEACEFUL RECREATION".

This looks and sounds more like a class war waged by a a few bitter humans (grown up spoiled brats) that will never be satisified by sharing their precious toys or playground.

It is too bad there is not an intelligent way to evaluate bonehead actions and speed crimes to get a statistical measure of the true issue.

I do not have a loud fast boat but do not desire to eliminate the right of people to have and use them on a body that has had them since the 1920's.

I do not have a small boat but do not want to state that they are to dangerous to venture out into such a large body of water.

There is definitely room for all. One group has taken the first step to rule against another.

I am in the camp to eliminate the law and really address the bonehead issue.

Last edited by NoRegrets; 09-05-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Grammer issue
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRegrets For This Useful Post: