View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #24
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow Not so shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
I am quite shocked by the results of this Poll.
{snip-a-roo}
A poll taken of actual captains and their passengers at Marinas and Public Docks would be much more accurate, similar to this poll I believe.

Why so shocked ? The poll in this thread is a different question than the poll in your 2005 survey. That poll is more similar to the "compromise" poll. What I take from it is few like the present limits but most would like some limits. Buy alas "we" substitute someone's opinion as to what's good instead of using reason to determine any limits (and if they'd do any practical good). Naturally opinions will vary and so you end up with the kind of results we've seen to date in both the informal Winni polls and the more formal ones that we're paid for.

As to whom should be polled ... that's a good question. There's no requirement that voters be informed about the politicians they elect or on the referendums that come up so it's kinda hard to ask for it on lake speed limits (though it would be a good idea). These days it seems as if people feel their opinion should be heard even when they can't articulate how they formed it or why it has any validity.