View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #22
Kracken

Onlywinni,

So what you are saying here is that; you only want the opinion of people who have personal knowledge of boating and or the lake. You, in essence want people to give an educated evaluation on the merits of a speed limit but you want to here only from people who have an understanding of lake and seamanship.

That does not seem to be the way things happen. Every person in the country is allowed to vote no matter how ignorant they are. People can vote for somebody or something for any reason incuding: left, right, donkey, elephant, hair color or just because they like the sound of someones voice. It doesn’t seem like a vote based on a trivial thing like looks should equal a vote based on logic and policy…but it does. People who never pay taxes are allowed an equal voice to a taxpayer’s on how their money…no my money…no the government’s money is spent.

So basically what you are saying is: People who don’t have a vested interest on certain topics should not have a say.

Ok I am alright with that.

A closing thought.

I bet if you did a telephone poll and asked the question: Should there be a speed limit for airplanes over New Hampshire? You might end up with similar numbers to the lake speed limit poll.

Other useful telephone poll questions to ask the general public:

Should motorcycles be required to have airbags?
Should boats have headlights?
Should planes have horns?
Should there be a speed limit for bicycles?
Should submarines have directionals?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kracken For This Useful Post: