View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
NoBozo

Default Speaking Of Tracfone

Summer before last, we had a medical emergency at home while we were up at the lake. (Wolfeboro) We had to Fone Home..and we didn't have cell phones then. Wolfeboro Chamber of Commerce, in the old train station, had the only pay phone we could find, it was outside..but it didn't work. The lady in the chamber let us use theirs.

The next day we had our first Cell Phone, a Tracfone..from Wal Mart in Gillford. Tracfone in the lakes region uses Verizon. We lucked out, because Tracfone in RI uses AT&T. We've never dropped a call or had a weak signal. We get Double Minutes for the life of the phone every time we add time. We don't use the phone very often.

BTW: We bought the phone anonymously. No name, address, contract, or signature required. Only our home area code to activate. (We did pay for it with a credit card). The first time I was running low on "days", our home LANDLINE rang with a recorded message from Tracfone reminding me I was getting low on days and needed to add more.

Somehow they found me. The next time I got special offers in the mail from Tracfone....to MY address...no name, just "Resident".

BIG SIS is watching. NB

Last edited by NoBozo; 12-29-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Clarify
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote