View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #232
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Best time to buy a used Deep V

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Oh No One of the many reasons I haven't been involved in that hobby, too rich for my cheapskate blood. One of the few boats I saw that would allow for a sane single-engine setup was the Baja 278 Performance. All I wanted was a decent sized cabin, and a dependable engine/drive combo. No blowers, no Mercury racing engines, no $20k refreshes About the only livable one I've seen was a Formula I couldn't afford, and a Chap 275 with a big block I didn't act fast enough on. If I can do 40 to 50mph in big waves and not break a rib, I'm pretty much entertained

One thing many newcomers might not realize. My history on Winni dates back to circa 1963 or 1964. There was a reason that many boaters started buying the bigger Cigs and Scarabs and Formulas. Cruiser wakes.
I picked up an '88 F-223 LS with 454 Magnum on EBay last year for $4000. Lately I have seen boats on Craigslist from marinas that are 'giving' away boats for the price of the storage fees owed. If you want your dream boat I would start looking at thes two sites.

Check out this site. It will make it a bit easier searching for your boat.

http://www.jaxed.com/