View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Welcome to boat ownership, particularly with an older boat.

Nothing about your story is really all that amazing

Learn your boat, learn its systems, learn to do basic maintenance on your own and you will be a lot happier, and richer, in the end.
You have a strange way of boosting one's confidence... If I was LaFuga, I'd tell you what to do with that smiley face!!! What difference does it make that it's an older boat? I disagree with it not being an amazing story. It's amazing to me that a marina would do this to someone and not have the courtesy to at least admit they made a mistake, let alone give the guy back a partial refund. I think this marina should be identified. That's the risk a business takes with social media around these days. Take care of your customers properly, and admit mistakes when they are made. In other words, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, or get trashed on social media. It works the other way too. If someone is happy with their service somewhere, broadcast that too. It happens all the time on this forum. Although I agree you should know basic maintenance, I don't consider replacing a fuel tank "basic maintenance". How many fuel tanks does the typical boat owner change out in a lifetime...??? I haven't done one yet since I bought my first boat in 1987, and I have had quite a few over the years. Some people are better than others at working on "stuff". That's what makes the world go round...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 10-10-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: