View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 11:48 AM   #52
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Just like the 2020 Boston Marathon, the 26-mile running event held in April was cancelled, now the Paris, France Marathon has also been cancelled. Regularly held in April, the 40-km Paris Marathon attracts 50,000 runners and was rescheduled for November, but now has been cancelled.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Marathon

So, what do the Boston and Paris Marathon events know about this pandemic that apparently the Laconia Bike Week does not want to acknowledge ...... sometimes, infrequently, it is best to cancel out, and wait till next year ..... things like world wars and pandemics sometimes, unfortunately, get in the way.

Is better to cancel out and wait till next year, 2021. Charlie St. Clair can stay home and polish the gas tank on his motorcycle, or something, and look forward to 2021.
Sorry nothing is that simple.

Apples to oranges comparisons are not useful in my opinion and you make the assumption that the actions to cancel other events are in fact the right choice. Sorry, this is all debatable and political and mostly driven by people who are not personally impacted by the choices.

Politicians will not see their pay cut, will not be personally impacted by loss of revenue, will not lose their businesses or homes or lives based on their decisions.

So again I will reiterate the words of someone wiser then me:

This horse has been beaten to death.

So please lets all give it a rest, and "try" to discuss things that actually produce useful discussion and helpful information exchange. This is going nowhere except to use up server space,,,

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote