View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 07:38 AM   #36
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
U.S. numbers are inflated. Total deaths worldwide are within the range of H1N1.
Of course they are. This is nothing but a worldwide left wing conspiracy to hijack the November election. Don't believe the Johns Hopkins data. They're in on it too! And all those front line healthcare workers aren't putting their asses on the line? They're just looking for glory. Thank God for people like Major to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Just an observation, are healthcare workers at LRGH putting their asses on the line? Our approach to solving this existential threat resulted essentially in LRGH closing.

I have never said that Chinese coronavirus shouldn't be ignored. I have an issue with our approach. The damage caused to our economy and the economic and mental health issues resulting from the shut down will far outweigh the damage caused by the virus. The average age of a Chinese coronavirus death is 82. The numbers are vastly inflated. I read that a person who died of alcohol poisoning (0.4 BAC) had Chinese coronavirus and was deemed a Chinese coronavirus death. John Glenn's wife, who was 100, deemed a Chinese coronavirus death. They aren't keeping track of influenza deaths since the onset of this event. They are just being lumped into the Chinese coronavirus deaths. 2020 was supposed to be a bad influenza year -- 30,000 to 65,000 deaths.

The goal posts are moving. We were told we need to "flatten the curve." We were concerned of overwhelming the hospitals. There is no evidence that shutting down the economy helped to "flatten the curve." Some studies show it would have flattened anyway. Regardless, it is now "flattened." The hospitals were never overrun. In fact, as with LRGH, hospitals are laying off doctors and nurses in unprecedented numbers. New York didn't take advantage of increased hospital space but instead chose to endanger our most vulnerable citizens. Our solution has actually harmed our healthcare system. So instead of opening up the economy full throttle, we are now being told that we need to ease into reopening, with the strong likelihood that things will be shut down again in the fall.

Our political and local leaders are experiencing a HUGE power trip by being able to tell the unwashed what to do. I live in Long Bay, and our Board made the decision that we can't use the beaches. Our leaders are getting off on this. Treating us like children. We should be ashamed.

Is it so farfetched that there could have been another approach? That instead of telling healthy people to stay home, we instead focused on the most vulnerable to keep them healthy? I don't understand why we can't have a healthy debate on the issue.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: